The Minnesota Business Partnership leverages the knowledge and experience of more than 110 CEOS and senior executives from Minnesota’s largest employers. We analyze our state’s challenges with a long-term, global view, and we make recommendations to strengthen Minnesota’s economy and quality of life.
POSITION: Director of Fiscal and Economic Policy
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUMMARY: The Director of Fiscal and Economic Policy is responsible for the development and implementation of overall strategic policy for issues related to state taxation and budget as well as employment-related issues impacting members of a statewide organization composed of the CEOs of Minnesota’s largest employers. Primary constituents include members and their delegates to the Partnership, allied business organizations, state lawmakers, opinion leaders, the broader business community and the public.
1. Manage the MBP Fiscal Policy Committee: Consult with committee Chair and members to develop legislative and non-legislative agenda priorities. Organize two to three committee meetings per year.
2. Develop and implement legislative strategies to advance/oppose priority legislation, including providing public testimony at legislative committees and other venues.
3. Track and monitor legislation and regulatory activity related to state taxation and employment-related issues impacting member companies.
4. Regularly communicate with MBP Deputies on various issues of interest.
5. Maintain strong relationships with other pro-business organizations and attend various meetings with stakeholders to represent MBP interests.
6. Work closely with the Executive Director to develop the agenda, materials and presentations for the monthly Board of Directors meetings and related deputy meetings.
7. Perform other duties as requested.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Experience: Seasoned professional with a minimum of three years of public policy experience. Understanding of the legislative process.
1. Excellent writing and verbal communications.
2. Excellent interpersonal communications skills and the demonstrated ability to use good judgment and maturity to interact with MBP staff, business leaders, public affairs professionals, lawmakers, agency staff, outside organizations and the media.
3. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
4. Ability to work well under pressure and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
5. Proficient in Microsoft 365.
6. Experience using a variety of social media tools in a professional setting.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive benefit package; salary commensurate with experience.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 5:00 PM Monday November 14, 2022