Since 1977, the Minnesota Business Partnership’s mission has been based on the firm belief that the quality of life for all Minnesotans is directly linked to our state’s economic health. As a group of 110 CEOs of the largest companies in Minnesota, our business leaders know they a have a responsibility to protect and improve Minnesota’s economy and quality of life.
To pursue our mission, the Partnership works with elected officials, state agency staff and others on a range of public policy issues relevant to all Minnesotans: education, jobs and the economy, and health care. But the nature of our membership dictates that the Partnership be a nonpartisan organization. We take a stand on issues. But our focus is on progress, not partisan politics.
We are currently seeking an individual to join our policy team at our downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota office in the IDS Building. This position will focus on two primary areas, Health Policy and Grassroots Political Programs.
• Act as a key member of a three-person lobbying team at the Minnesota Capitol, focusing on health policy and other issue areas as assigned.
• Prepare comments, statements, testimony and reports on health policy legislation, regulations.
• Manage a committee of members on health policy.
• Shape and drive the legislative agenda for MBP on health issues.
• Build strong relationships with legislators, staff, and members of the administration.
• Work with member companies to establish key legislative and non-legislative reform priorities.
• Represent MBP on a variety of task forces, coalitions and committees.
• Act as key staff person on all political, issue advocacy and employee/citizen outreach efforts.
• Design and implement issue advocacy campaigns.
• Create and maintain budget for grassroots efforts.
• Manage vendor contracts and relationships.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
The right candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize complex legislative information and political environment; demonstrated ability to balance a heavy workload with short- and long-term project deadlines and the ability to address changing priorities and work well under pressure. Requires a strong knowledge of political process, grassroots outreach, general business issues, health policy issues, and trade association operations. Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ public policy experience desired. Working knowledge of federal, state campaign laws beneficial. Understanding of the federal and state legislative process a plus. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience required.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits (complete health, dental, life, long-term insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, generous paid time off and paid parking).
To Apply: Please send resume with a cover letter and a list of three professional references to email@example.com. Deadline: 5:00 pm, Friday, March 7, 2014.